- What kind of computer do I need for run PC Online
Please refer http://mybusiness.tataindicombroadband.com/Mybusinessv3/OnlineBackup_Sys_Req.aspx
- Which operating systems does PC
Online Backup support?
The Backup Solution client supports Windows XP SP2+, Windows Vista .
- Will backup process run automatically
on my machine?
This option will set PC Online Backup to run automatically when you login to your
computer. It is enabled by default, and it’s strongly recommended to leave
it on to let PC Online Backup regularly upload files as they are added or changed
on your PC.
- Can I achieve deleted files from
Yes, PC Online Backup archive copies of local deleted files for a specified duration.
This gives you the option to restore them in case you change your mind. The option
is set by default to keep deleted files for up to 30 days.
- Does PC Online backup supports versioning?
Yes, PC Online Backup versions your uploaded documents.
- How many files can I back up?
You can back up all the files on the hard drive of your computer. All supported
file types can be backed up regardless of the total size or number of the files.
- I have a lot of files on my computer.
How much time does it take to back them up?
If you use an Internet connection that uses a standard bandwidth, you can back up
1 to 2 GB per day. The speed may vary depending on the type and speed of your internet
- What kinds of files are backed up?
With PC Online Backup you can back up any type of files except for the files that
the operating system blocks, or the files that are in use. By default, hidden files
and system files are not backed up. PC Online Backup searches your computer for
the following file types:
- Which files are backed up first?
PC Online Backup files in this order:
- Files under 2 MB (1. E-mails 2. Contacts 3. My important files and 4. Automatic
- Files from 2 to 30 MB (1. E-mails 2. My important files and 3. Automatic selections)
- Files over 30 MB
These are the default settings, which cannot be changed.
- Is PC online backup secure and reliable?
Yes. When you use the service, the files on your computer are encrypted by using
3DES encryption. After that, they are uploaded to PC Online backup servers using
a connection with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Your files are encrypted
and unreadable, when they leave your computer and the system is perfectly secure.
- Are the files on removable media, such as external
hard drives, USB sticks, CDs, floppies, DVDs also backed up?
No, they are not. Only the files on the hard disk of your computer are included
in the backup. This feature prevents your data from ending up in another user’s
backup, for example, if you use your USB stick in your friend’s computer.
- I formatted my hard drive or bought a new computer.
Do I need to register PC Online Backup again?
No, you do not need to register the service again. You can just reinstall PC Online
Backup. However, you need to use the same subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx),
e-mail address and password that you used during the first installation.
Normally You can get your subscription key in the subscription confirmation mail
which issent to your email ID. You would also be able toget the serial number on
the weekly/ daily update mailer which we send.
- I have forgotten my password, what should I do?
If you have forgotten your password, do the following:
- Open PC online backup web interface located at link to website.
- Click forgot your password, A window opens.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- You will receive an e-mail, which includes your password.
- The forgot your password option is also available when installing the program.
- How can I stop PC online backup process?
Right-click the program icon on your system tray, at the bottom right hand corner
of your screen. Select Quit.
- I am experiencing technical difficulties with PC
online backup service. How can I proceed?
Before contacting our technical support, please see help as link for instructions.
If you cannot find the answer to your problem, you can directly mail us from
- Should I manually back up my hard disks daily?
No. You do not have to back up your files manually. PC online backup process operates
automatically in the background and backs up your files.
- How can I exclude a file or folder from the backup?
To exclude a file or folder from the backup:
- Open PC online backup client.
- Click the Backup tab.
- To exclude all office and open office documents, and some other document types (such
as .txt or .pdf) click Turn off next to Office documents.
- To exclude all pictures and videos (for example, .png and .avi files), click Turn
off next to Pictures and Videos.
- To exclude all audio files (for example, .mp3 and .wma), click Turn off next to
- What should I do if my firewall asks about to install
or run PC online backup client ?
Allow the program to connect to the Internet through your firewall.
- Is the PC online backup service updated automatically?
Yes. Automatic update agent is activated transparently in the background every time
you connect to the Internet. The Automatic Update Agent makes sure that you receive
the latest program updates to your computer. If your computer is offline when an
automatic update is due, the program updates are downloaded automatically the next
time you connect to the Internet.
- How can I restore my files?
To restore your files:
- Open PC online backup.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Click the Restore now button. The program restores your files automatically.
- How many times can I restore my files?
You can restore your files as many times as you want to.
- Can I access my backup files using my web browser?
Yes, you can see and download your files by using PC online backup web interface.
- Can I share my backups with other users?
Yes, it is possible to share your backups with other users.
- How do I share my files?
You can share your files by
- Right Click on the uploaded files to share
- Share from your online portal
- Backup client requires any proxy settings, if the
system is behind a proxy?
You can set up Proxy Settings on Online Backup Client
- Where is my data stored?
The data is stored in various disaster free locations according to seismic zones.
The data centers are in Europe/US/Singapore
Europe: datacenter is located in St Denis (north of Paris)
US: datacenter is located in McLean
Singapore: datacenter is located close to Paya Lebar
- How do I start using PC Online Backup services?
For using PC Online Backup you need the following:
- Installation client for PC Online Backup available on following site-
http://mybusiness.tataindicombradband.com/PC Online Backup
- Internet connection
- Valid subscription key
- Valid e-mail address to be used as a login name
After you have received the installation file from us install PC Online Backup client
on your computer. If your computer has several user accounts, you need to log in
as an administrator to install the program. [x] Users can use PC Online Backup on
the same computer.
- How do I know that PC Online Backup
is properly installed and running?
Check the service icon on your Windows system tray, at the bottom right corner of
your screen. To open PC Online Backup, click the system tray icon, desktop icon
or icon on the Start menu. When the service is running, you can see a green icon
at the top left corner, and a text which says Online. Please note that if you are
offline, it is normal that you can see a red icon and a text which says Offline.
- I installed or upgraded PC Online
Backup but cannot see the program icon on the system tray. What should I do?
The icon should be located on your system tray, at the bottom right hand corner
of your screen. You can see the program icon in the picture below.
If you still do not see the icon:
- Click Start.
- Select Programs - [folder] - [PC Online Backup].
- If the program is not shown in your Programs menu, the program is not installed
on your computer. In this case, please try reinstalling the program. You can also
try the following:
- In Windows XP, icons may be hidden. Click the arrow button on the Windows system
tray (next to the clock) to see the hidden icons.
- Open Task Manager. Check that the PC Online Backup process is visible.
- Why does my Internet connection appear to be slower
than before the installation?
PC Online Backup uses the bandwidth of your Internet connection. The first backup
may take a long time, and temporarily slow down your Internet connection. However,
the next backups are faster because only the changed files are backed up. The backing
up happens in the background, and you may not even notice it. With an asynchronous
Internet connection, the upload speed (from your computer to the Internet) is significantly
lower than your download speed (from the Internet to your computer). If you use
an asynchronous internet connection, backing up files may take longer.
- Can I store my PC data in fast
mode (manually trigger data backup speed) ?
Yes, by default, the application is set to Normal speed, which preserves the bandwidth
and CPU of your computer. In this mode, only a fraction of the PC resources are
used, so PC Online Backup has a minimal impact on the performance of your PC. The
Full speed mode allows the application to use as much of the available resources
as it needs. On a faster machine, this may greatly increase the backup performance.
On a PC with limited resources, enabling the Full speed mode may impact the overall
responsiveness of your internet connection or your PC. If you are using a recent
PC, try the Full Speed setting for a while. You can always switch back if you notice
a real impact on your PC’s performance.
- Can I restore backup files to
Yes, for transfer the data in a backup to another PC, you need to use the same activation
key when you reinstall PC Online Backup on the second computer. The application
will identify the new computer and offer you the option to restore the files from
the previous backup.
- Can I give a copy of PC Online Backup to a friend?
No, the license is meant for personal use.
- Can I install PC Online Backup on several computers?
You can install the program with the same subscription key on 1 computers.
- Which type of internet connection do I need to use
Online Backup and Share?
Online backup works on any type of connection. However it is advisable to have a
broadband connection for seamless usage. We recommend Unlimited Plans for this service
since data transfer charges apply.
- Is PC Online Backup available for Apple Macintosh?
No, currently available only for Microsoft Windows (workstation) operating systems.